Month: August 2020

Couple caught exporting raw Guyanese gold

first_imgA couple, charged with trying to export millions of dollars worth of raw Guyanese gold, without a license, were granted self-bail when they appeared in court in that country on Monday.The couple – Shazam Khan, 47 and his wife, Bibi Khan, 45, pleaded not guilty to the charge.The presiding magistrate Ann McLennan, granted bail and ordered the couple to return to court on November 16.In the court hearing, the couple’s lawyers said the Khans have been reporting to the police, whenever they are asked to do so, and as a result, they are not considered a flight risk.According to police report, on September 20 the couple, who are not producers of raw gold, were held at the Cheddi Jagan International Airport, with 1,907 grammes of the mineral valued at GUY$14.6 million.They were arrested shortly afterwards by the police.For recent article on Guyanese gold, click the link: Guyana sees increase gold productionlast_img read more

Read More

CARICOM leaders urged to place crime on agenda

first_imgThe Attorney General and Minister of Home Affairs in Barbados – Adriel Brathwaite has urged Caribbean Community (CARICOM) leaders to place crime, as well as disaster management, on their agenda for the next meeting of heads of government due at the end of February 2016.Crime rising in BarbadosIn an address on Wednesday, at the opening of a two day CariSECURE workshop hosted by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Brathwaite pointed to the situation in Barbados. He noted that gun crimes resulted in 28 murders so far this year, surpassing the 23 recorded for all of last year.Crime and security, and disaster managementThe attorney general said crime and security and disaster management are the critical issues facing the Caribbean region at this time. “These two issues can, and will, determine how we go forward, or if we go forward as a region.”He said if crime, in particular, was not immediately controlled, it would have dire consequences. “Unless we put the resources in place to tackle the challenges that we are having all across the region then we are shooting ourselves in the foot,” the Attorney General said, adding that the region needed to do a better job at compiling, and making available, crime statistics.Holistic approach“We need a holistic approach. We need to have champions across all the ministries, across all the sectors, so that we have  . . . information that is readily available. We cannot create effective policy without the relevant data,” Brathwaite stated.CariSECURE is part of USAID’s youth empowerment services project, with the support of the United Nations Development Program.According to USAID, it’s goal is to improve youth crime and violence policymaking and programming in the southern and eastern Caribbean through using quality, comparable and reliable national citizen security information.The CariSECURE Project has initiated the development of a Caribbean Citizen Security Toolkit aimed at improving citizen security data management, analysis and monitoring in the region.For  previous article on Brathwaite’s war against crime, click the link: Soldiers to assist in Barbados as Attorney General Brathwaite addresses problemlast_img read more

Read More

Regional security body deploys forces to St Kitts Nevis

first_imgPrime Minister Dr. Timothy Harris of St. Kitts/Nevis says the Barbados based Regional Security System (RSS) has been invited to deploy forces across the federation.In an address to the nation late Saturday, Harris said this is yet another initiative undertaken by his administration to enhance the safety and security of all persons on St. Kitts and Nevis.Aim to reduce crime“ We are concerned that there must be a reduction in the incidences of criminal acts in our country.  In this regard, we have over time engaged civil society and our security forces in conversations about what can and should be done,” the Prime Minister said.He also disclosed that after consultation with the police high command and other technocrats in the Ministry of National Security, the Cabinet approved a recommendation to invite the RSS.Additional manpower“The High Command of the Police has advised that the Force would benefit from additional manpower at this time.  The shortage of manpower affects the ability of the Police to properly execute their strategic plan and has prompted the call from them for the RSS to augment the number of security personnel on the ground.”The RSS forces began arriving last week “and will continue to arrive into St. Kitts and Nevis in sufficient numbers to assist our ongoing efforts at ensuring citizen safety and security,” Harris said. He said RSS members are already deployed throughout the communities with local national security personnel, and it is believed that their presence will help local law enforcement to expand the extent of their coverage of the country.Will remain as long as needed “This deployment of the RSS to St. Kitts and Nevis demonstrates yet another example of the Team Unity Government’s commitment to ensure the safety and security of you, our beloved citizens and residents of St. Kitts and Nevis. The RSS will remain in St. Kitts and Nevis for as long as necessary until the security forces advise that their presence is no longer required,” he said. St. Kitts Nevis is a member of the RSS and financially contributes to support the functioning of the regional security mechanism.  “That membership and financial contribution oblige the RSS to assist the Federation when necessary.  It is yet another available security asset and my Government will not hesitate to utilize all assets at our disposal to further the peace and security of our country,” Harris noted. The Prime Minister also said that the Government continues to appeal to young Kittitians and Nevisians to take advantage of the career opportunities in Serving their Country as police officers.He assured citizens that public safety and security “are my Government’s highest priorities and no stone shall be left unturned and no effort or expense spared in ensuring that all Kittitians and Nevisians and all who call St. Kitts and Nevis home are safe and secure.”last_img read more

Read More

French Ligue 1 Round-Up: No Neymar Show, Mbappe Fires Blank, And Lyon Are Early…

first_imgDefending champions, Monaco enjoyed a winning start to the French Ligue 1 season defeating a resilient Toulouse side 3-2 at Stade Louis II. Goals from Jemerson, Radamel Falcao and Kamil Glik won the game for Les Rouges et Blancs, who twice had to come from behind to clinch maximum points.It was business as usual for PSG, who claimed a comfortable 2-0 home win against Amiens, thanks to goals from Edison Cavani and Javier Pastore. Expectedly, world record signing Neymar failed to make his debut, as the paper work for his transfer hadn’t been processed by the French Football Federation (FFF) by the time the game was played. The win keeps PSG in fifth-place after the first round of matches.Lyon raced to the top of the table following a comprehensive 4-0 win against Strasbourg.  It was a rude return to the top-flight for Strasbourg, as a brace each from new signing Mariano Diaz and Nabil Fekir condemned them to a defeat which leaves them at the bottom of the table.In a game of the new coaches, Lille managed by Argentine head coach Marcelo Bielsa handed a 3-0 hammering to Nantes who are coached by Claudio Ranieri at Stade Pierre Mauroy. Paraguayan international Junior Alonso, Nicolas de Preville and Anwar El-Ghazi all found the back of the net to hand Lille a spot in second-place.Finally at Stade Velodrome, Cameroon forward Clinton Njie marked his permanent switch to Marseille by netting a brace after coming on as a half-time substitute. Florent Thauvin was the other goal scorer in a 3-0 opening day win against Dijon, a result which stands them out as one of the early season pace setters, occupying second position on the log. RelatedLigue 1 Review: PSG Thrash Strasbourg To Restore 12-Point LeadFebruary 18, 2018In “Europe”Lyon Beat Strasbourg To Go Third In Ligue 1August 25, 2018In “Europe”Ligue 1 Review: PSG Extend Lead With Convincing Montpellier WinJanuary 28, 2018In “Europe”last_img read more

Read More

VIDEO: PSG Unveils Kylian Mbappe

first_imgSpeaking at his presentation, Mbappe said: “The Parc des Princes is a special stage, that of my childhood,”“It was important for me to return to Paris, I want to do better than last season I am driven by the desire to win everything, I will have a lot to learn with such players at Paris Saint-Germain.”The deal was made to be a loan move because of UEFA’s Financial Fair Play rules, which could see PSG sanctioned by Europe’s football governing body as they have already acquired the service of Neymar Jr for a world record fee this summer.“It’s a great time for the club, Mbappe is only 18 but the whole world knows him, I’m sure we’ll write beautiful pages together.” PSG President, Nasser Al-Khelaifi, added. RelatedBREAKING: PSG Signs Kylian Mbappe From MonacoAugust 31, 2017In “Europe”Mbappe Question MarkSeptember 2, 2017In “Europe”PSG Set To Complete Mauro Icardi Loan Deal From Inter Without An Option To BuySeptember 2, 2019In “Transfers” Paris Saint-Germain has today unveiled new signing, Kylian Mbappe at the Parc des Princes following the youngster’s loan move from Monaco.18-year-old Mbappe completed his season long loan move to PSG from Monaco on transfer deadline day, in a deal that includes an option for PSG to sign the Frenchman permanently next July for a reported fee of £160m.last_img read more

Read More

GAMEIOM goes live with Fortune Cats on William Hill

first_img Share Share Luke Campbell, Champion Sports: Modular thinking most play the lead role in sportsbook migrations August 26, 2020 GAMEIOM Technologies Limited has launched Fortune Cats, the first slot to go through the GAMEIOM Remote Gaming Server platform and the first to go live on William Hill.Fortune Cats, a five-reel, fifty-line slot game with a unique sixth reel feature, is live on William Hill’s Macau tab across both mobile and desktop sites.Based on some of the luckiest cats in the Orient, the game has been a long-time favourite in Macau land-based casinos and is now available online for the first time.Steve Calvert, Chief Product Officer for GAMEIOM, said: “This is the initial launch of what will be many games that will be harnessing the true potential of GAMEIOM.“This successful release is testament to the efficiency of the platform, and we will be launching a vast array of quality content, both proprietary and from some highly significant third party providers over the coming weeks and months. It is a true ‘watch this space’ moment.”The Isle of Man based GAMEIOM supplies content to a variety of leading operators. The company secured its UK Gambling Commission Combined Remote Operating Licence in September of this year, and provides a range of realistic virtual games including Real Dogs and Real Horses. Related Articles StumbleUpon SBC Magazine Issue 10: Kaizen Gaming rebrand and focus for William Hill CEO August 25, 2020 William Hill accelerates transformation agenda to overcome COVID realities August 5, 2020 Submitlast_img read more

Read More

BtoBet will showcase A.I. for players at ICE 2017

first_img Submit StumbleUpon BtoBet grows Nigerian presence with Booster99 deal August 26, 2020 Share Related Articles BtoBet grows LatAm portfolio with GlobalBet deal August 12, 2020 BtoBet refines African SMS payment options with Tola Mobile  August 20, 2020 Share Sabrina Soldá, BtoBetICE 2017 is always an excellent opportunity for suppliers to show off their latest innovations and BtoBet is aiming to be the talk of the show with its ‘A.I. for the players’ campaign.BtoBet will be giving exclusive live demos of a number of products including its artificial intelligence tool, marketing tools such as its virtual assistant and augmented reality and finally the ‘recommendation engine’. Operators and other interested parties can see these for themselves at Stand S1-320.The company first exposed its A.I. dedicated solutions to operators last year, and is now focusing on the A.I. devoted to players to fulfil their user gaming experience. Accordingly BtoBet has launched a new original campaign concerning its advanced iGaming and sportsbook software, centred on the player needs and satisfaction, that will be displayed at the ExCeL centre on 7th-9th February at the upcoming ICE conference.BtoBet’s CMO, Sabrina Soldá commented: “Having the player at the centre, independent of the channel he uses has become fundamental for licensees nowadays. They need all data sources integration and a single point of contact to trace all customer activities. Becoming truly customer-centric is the only way to deeply understand the players and drive strategic and effective customised marketing campaigns.”She continued: “The quality of the user experience can be improved by the multichannel Sportsbook and gaming recommendation engine which is able to present the player with the sports events and games he is more interested in, offering him a great and totally personalised service.”Operators eager to ensure that they get a personalised demonstration of any of these advanced sportsbook products can contact BtoBet at [email protected] or by calling +356 27135974.last_img read more

Read More

Boylesports extends sponsorship of RTÉ Sport’s racing coverage

first_img Paddy Power to reopen English & Irish betting shops in Royal Ascot week June 10, 2020 Share StumbleUpon BoyleSports signs Coventry City sponsorship August 21, 2020 Irish independent bookmaker Boylesports has confirmed that it will extend its sponsorship of RTÉ Sport’s horse racing coverage for a further year.As part of its sports content, Irish national broadcaster RTÉ has at present 24 days of racing coverage including popular races the Irish Grand National, Irish Champion Stakes and The Irish derby, as well as festival coverage of Punchestown and Galway.Committing a further year of sponsorship, Boylesports will receive heightened coverage of its betting brand throughout race days and additionally on RTÉ Sport’s digital and social media channels.Boylesports founder and CEO John Boyle was pleased to extend the sponsorship which was first established in 2014, stating;“We are very committed to Irish sport and this partnership with RTE cements BoyleSports position as the biggest supporter of Irish racing. We are also proud to sponsor the jewel in the crown of the Irish National Hunt season, the BoyleSports Irish Grand National.”Geraldine O’Leary, Commercial Director of RTÉ television stated that Boylesports continued sponsorship was a testament to the RTÉ Sports professional coverage of racing; “Irish racing remains on terrestrial free-to-air television and BoyleSports has secured a powerful association with Irish Racing across all of RTÉ’s market-leading platforms.” Submit Share Irish bookmakers demand clarity on reopening orders June 17, 2020 Related Articleslast_img read more

Read More

GVC exits ‘unworkable’ Czech Republic market

first_img Martin Lycka – Regulatory high temperatures cancel industry’s ‘silly season’ August 11, 2020 GVC absorbs retail shocks as business recalibrates for critical H2 trading August 13, 2020 StumbleUpon GVC hires ‘comms pro’ Tessa Curtis to re-energise media profile  August 25, 2020 Related Articles Share FTSE-listed online gambling group GVC Holdings will not pursue operator licensing for the regulated Czech Republic online gambling market.Sending a communication to Czech affiliates and media partners, the operator has stated that following a review of market conditions it has concluded that current gaming laws are ‘incompatible with the principles of the European Union’.The operator had previously withdrawn its brand inventory from the market in accordance with the Czech Republic licensing application procedures. Czech GVC customers have been requested to withdraw all funds from existing accounts.Czech gambling authorities have added a burdensome tax charge on online gambling services, which include a 23% on sports betting revenues combined with a 35% tax on casino slots play.Furthermore, the laws require all Czech online gambling consumers to register personal details via an administration center referred to as the ‘Czech Point’ program.During 2016, a number of international operators have complained about the business conditions imposed by the Czech government, stating that they are in direct breach of EU standards and have favored local betting operators.In addition, even national enterprises such as Fortuna Entertainment and Synot Group have complained about predatory tax levels, which have been deemed unworkable and damaging to wider sports stakeholders. Share Submitlast_img read more

Read More

Suwaan and so forth for long term Tipster Challenge leader

first_imgbettingexpert and a rotation of guests will be providing expert tips for a specific Wednesday race meet.We will keep record of points won each week and the number of race wins for each.The guests will compete individually, with their points going up against the average total for bettingexpert.The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.For the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.Each tipster will get a ‘Nap of the Day’ each week which scores double points.For example, if bettingexpert’s Stephen Harris backs a winning horse at 8/1, he will get 8 points; if he has put this horse forward as his ‘Nap of the Day’, the reward is 16 points. Better Collective moves fast to mitigate COVID-19 as esports journey begins May 15, 2020 ‘Better for Bettors’: Better Collective’s formalised approach to sustainable development June 15, 2020 Related Articles StumbleUpon ‘Deal maker’ Rafi Ashkenazi ends Flutter tenure  August 27, 2020 Sharecenter_img Share Tipster Challenge leader Sarah Shannon from OneBet retained a lead held since 15 June despite ‘Nap of the Day’ success for BetStars on Suwaan at Musselburgh.The 5/2 victory for Suwaan in the day’s final race was only enough to move Ian Marmion, Trading Director for BetStars, into a creditable seventh place.However, it was another difficult day for the resident horse racing guru from bettingexpert. Stephen Harris, leader after five weeks of the competition, slipped out of the top three for the first time.Race Winners at Musselburgh:Soldier’s Minute – 9/2Masarzain – 15/8Mr Sundowner – 5/1Kinloch Pride – 20/1Alnasl – 7/2Adrakhan – 11/4Suwaan – 5/2Tipster Challenge 2017 Leaderboard Submit RankTipsterRace WinsPoints 1Sarah Shannon – OneBet210.38 2Edward Rycroft – LeoVegas37.80 3Harry Lang – Pinnacle47.00 4Stephen Harris – bettingexpert1.506.99 5Alexman – OLBG25.10 6Tim Reynolds – Sun Bets25.00 7Ian Marmion – BetStars15.00 8Steven Mullington – 888sport24.57 9Ben Cleminson – Square in the Air24.50 10Conall McSorley – Metric Gaming14.00 11Michael Robinson – Betsafe13.50 12Conor White – BetBright13.33 13Charlie McCann – BetVictor12.25 14Alex Donohue – ODDSbible12.00 15Rupert Adams – William Hill10.50 16Steve Munns – Grosvenor Sport00.00last_img read more

Read More