Rivaldo understands that Dembélé “He has been unlucky with injuries, but he could also have tried to give more at times. He has not met expectations and he could rebuild his career at another club where he feels safer to play his best“The Brazilian, former world champion with the Canarinha, affirms that “Barcelona seems to be trying to sign Neymar and Lautaro Martínez, so Dembélé will probably have difficulties finding a place in the team next season. In addition, Barcelona would need to reduce their squad. To sign new players, others must leave“ “The time has come for Barcelona to sell Ousmane Dembéle”, says Rivaldo, who understands that Barcelona has to focus on trying to sign Lautaro or Neymar, whose part of the income that Barça received from the Brazilian served for the investment in the Frenchman, world champion with Franmcia in 2018.Rivaldo believes that Dembélé has been given enough time to prove himself and has been very uneven in his performance with the Blaugrana team. “Ousmane Dembélé signed with Barcelona almost three years ago and he has had enough time to settle in the club and demonstrate his worth. He is still a player with great potential, but I think this summer could be the perfect opportunity for Barcelona to sell him or enter into the operation of some of the players that Barça is pursuing.“
Jamaica sprint queen Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce says this will likely be her final Olympic Games, However, the 29 year old is very excited about the prospect of becoming the first female to win a historic three Olympic 100m gold medals.She is also looking forward to facing the new sensation Daphne Schippers of the Netherlands and other rising stars of the sport.Schippers, the world 200m champion and 100m silver medalist and the fastest woman over 60m this year, has been phenomenal since switching from the heptathlon to the sprints and many are projecting her to be the biggest threat to Shelly’s legacy.However, the Jamaican insists she is not worried about her opponents and even welcomes the challenge, which she anticipates will be her toughest of her three Olympic Games appearance.”Each year, you have persons coming to the forefront, person who will rise and that’s what happened to me (earlier in career). Daphne is a heptathlete, so she is very strong. But I don’t subscribe to reading about my opponents, I don’t follow them to be honest. I keep my head in my training and focus on that,” she told The Gleaner at a luncheon at GraceKennedy yesterday.ADDEDCOMPETITIONFraser-Pryce is expecting the added competition from Schippers as well as her club-mate and World Championships 200m silver medal winner Elaine Thompson among others will bring female sprinting into the limelight this year.”I am really excited about where female sprinting is right now, the bar has been set, no longer people will sit around waiting on (Justin) Gatlin and (Usain) Bolt. They will look for us and I am looking forward to the challenge. Elaine has done times that not even I have done and it’s exciting just to train with her and that has helped me to know I can do it.”But 2016 is going to be an incredible year for female sprinting and I would love to be a part of that. It will not only be good for them but it’s good for me to have that,” she added.” … I believe this is a testing year, where I will have to more than rise to the occasion. I love those challenges, as I have been Olympic champion twice and three times world champion and that’s a big feat,” said Fraser-Pryce.”So when 2016 comes and everybody ask if I am worried, I am not worried. Challenges make us and if I am to create history by just walking on the track without challenges it wouldn’t be satisfying,” she added.
Fifty-six-year-old construction worker Raymond (only name given) appeared on Friday before Wales Magistrate Rochelle Liverpool to answer a charge of threatening his neighbour Jermaine Boyer by brandishing a cutlass at him on April 30 at Goed Fortuin, West Bank Demerara.The prosecutor told the court that Raymond armed himself with a cutlass and attempted to chop Boyer last month.Raymond, who was never placed before the court, at first entered a guilty plea for making use of threatening language, but he denied the allegation that he had armed himself with a cutlass.As such, the magistrate entered a not-guilty plea on his behalf and placed him on $10,000 bail. He will make his next court appearance on July 5, 2018.
A pedal cyclist is now dead following an accident with a motor pick-up along the Wowetta Main Road, North Rupununi, Region Nine (Upper Takutu-Upper Essequibo) on Wednesday afternoon.Dead is 40-year-old Jennifer Williams of Wowetta Village, North Rupununi.Reports are that the accident occurred at about 17:30h, as the motor pick-up was proceeding in the eastern direction along the centre of the Wowetta main road, where Williams, who was on her bicycle at that time, and the vehicle collided. According to the Police, the cyclist reportedly made a sudden dash from south to north to cross the road, and in the process the front left side of the motor pick-up collided with the rear wheel of Willams’s bicycle.As a result of the impact, the cyclist fell onto the road surface and received multiple injuries about her body. Williams was picked up and rushed to the Annai Health Centre.As a result of the extent of her injuries, she was transferred to the Lethem Regional Hospital, where she died while receiving medical attention.The driver of the motor pick-up, identified as a Central Rupununi resident, is presently in Police custody. He is said to be assisting with the investigation.
The Province will be requiring drivers to slow down and move over when passing parked emergency vehicles that have their lights flashing.Beginning June 1, drivers must slow to 70 km/h on highways where the speed limit is 80 km/h or higher, and to 40 km/h where the limit is below 80 km/h, when approaching a stopped emergency vehicle that has its lights flashing. If there is another lane going in the same direction, drivers must also move into that lane if it is safe to do so.The requirements will apply to drivers passing police, fire, ambulance and towing vehicles, as well as vehicles used by commercial vehicle safety and enforcement personnel, passenger vehicle inspectors, conservation officers, park rangers, and special provincial constables employed in the Ministry of Forests and Range.- Advertisement -Those found in contravention will face a fine and three penalty points against their licence. The fine, including a 15 per cent victim surcharge, is $148 if paid within 30 days or $173 thereafter. Currently, five provinces and 40 U.S. states have similar requirements. An existing penalty remains in place for failing to yield to a moving emergency vehicle.
0Shares0000Undeterred by tradition and religion, around 60 girls have signed up to train at the Golden Girls Centre in Mogadishu, Somalia’s first female soccer club © AFP / Mohamed ABDIWAHABMOGADISHU, Somalia, Mar 21 – Shortly after sunrise, a group of young women arrives at a football pitch in Mogadishu, where they shrug off their hijabs — some changing underneath the billowing veil — to reveal their team kit.Young Somali men stand nearby, some disapproving but all watching closely, as the women jog up and down, dribble a worn-out ball between colourful cones and do sit-ups, less than 200 metres (656 feet) from a heavily guarded security checkpoint. The sight of young women playing football is highly unusual in Somalia, due to societal pressures as well as fear of Al-Shabaab.The Al-Qaeda linked Islamist group launches regular attacks in Mogadishu and considers forms of entertainment, such as football, to be evil, worse still if women are involved.“It is obvious that we are scared despite the fact that we put on heavy clothes over our shorts and T-shirts (until) we get to the pitch. It is very difficult to walk normally with sports clothes — we never wear sports clothing in society,” said Hibaq Abdukadir, 20, one of the footballers.She is among 60 girls, who have signed up to train at the Golden Girls Centre in Mogadishu, Somalia’s first female soccer club.– ‘Think differently’ –Mohamed Abukar Ali, the 28-year-old co-founder of the centre, said he was inspired to create the club after he realised that Somalia had no female footballers.The sight of young women playing football is highly unusual in Somalia, due to societal pressures as well as fear of Al-Shabaab © AFP / Mohamed ABDIWAHAB“We are… trying to make these girls the first Somali female football professionals,” he said.However this is not an easy task.“When the girls have to attend training sessions, we have to organise to pick them up and bring them here and back home after the session because they are girls and we think about their security,” said Ali.“There are so many challenges, from security to lack of resources… but that will not deter our ambition to establish female football clubs in this country,” he said. “We believe it is the right time and we should have the courage to think differently.”– ‘They look naked’ –Many of the girls who have joined the club said they had always wanted to try playing football but never had the opportunity.“I have been playing football for seven months, but my family has only known about it for two months,” said Sohad Mohamed, 19.“I used to dodge my mother about where I was going because she would not allow me to play football, but at least my mum is okay with it now, even though the rest of my family is not happy.”Co-founder Mohamed Abukar Ali says they are aiming to make the players at the Golden Girls Centre the first Somali female football professionals © AFP / Mohamed ABDIWAHABIn Somalia, it is taboo for women to appear in public dressed in shorts, trousers or T-shirts, with Islamic scholars saying sports clothing is not appropriate Islamic dress for women.The players wear tights underneath their baggy shorts, and cover their hair, but still face criticism for their dress.“I come to watch them train but frankly speaking, I would not be happy to see my sister doing it, this is not good in society’s eyes because they look naked,” said Yusuf Abdirahman, who lives near the football field.Mohamed Yahye, another onlooker, is happy to see women playing football but is also concerned about how they are dressed.“I think there is nothing wrong with women playing football, the only thing they should change is the dress code, they need to wear something that is not slim-fitting. But as long as their body is not seen, they are in line with the Islamic dress codes,” he said.However the Golden Girls are not fazed.“My ambition is so high that I aim for the same progress as those female footballers who play for Barcelona,” said Abdukadir.0Shares0000(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)
Na Rossa GAA News:The seniors played Convoy last Saturday evening in Glenties and after a hard fought encounter the visitors won by 3 points.This Saturday the seniors travel to Muff. Time to be confirmed at training. The minors defeated Ardara in the quarter final replay and will now play Naomh Columba for a place in the final.Thanks to everybody that got involved and organised the the sponsored walk/run last Monday. A very enjoyable day was had by all. The lotto draw took place last Monday evening. Numbers drawn were 2,22,26 & 28. The jackpot of €9000 survives for another week. Two lucky dip winners receive €50 Sarah McGlynn, Fintown & Ross Grow. C/O Ellen Melly. GAA NEWS: NA ROSSA DEFEATED BY CONVOY IN DIVISION FOUR CLASH was last modified: April 7th, 2015 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:GAANa RossaNoticesSport
You can send your community news to email@example.comThe second week of the Burtonport/Kincasslagh water safety weeks will begin this coming Monday morning 12th Aug @ the blockyard beach in Keadue from 10 – 12.30 and safety and rescue training for the more competent swimmers aged 11+ will take place daily from 1 @ the bridge in Cruit.Registration for the swim lessons which are suitable for children aged 3/4+ will be held from 9.30 @the blockyard on Monday 12th and registeration for safety and rescue training will take place at 1o clock at the bridge in Cruit. Cost 30 euro per child – family rates apply. Contact 0863836546 for additional details. DD LOCAL: LETTERMACAWARD COMMUNITY NEWS was last modified: August 6th, 2013 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:DD LOCAL: LETTERMACAWARD COMMUNITY NEWS
Ireland’s Olympic team manager Patsy McGonagle wants teachers across Donegal to close their schoolbooks and get behind boxer Jason Quigley.Finn Valley boxer Jason Quigley guaranteed a broze medal in the World Championships.The Ballybofey boxer will compete for a place in the World Championship Final when he steps into the ring tomorrow.And his fellow Twin Towns man wants kids across the county to watch the boxing match so it can inspire them to greater things. Patsy already has a fight on his hands trying to convince RTE to show the bout on live television although it can be seen on the RTE website through a live web screening.Patsy told Donegal Daily “We have world class athletes representing their communities and their countries and our next generation aren’t even seeing it.“We can talk until we are blue in the face about our health system and childhood obesity but we are doing nothing in this country to prevent it.“Children at primary and secondary level should be taken out of their classes and into assembly halls to watch our world class athletes in action. “How else are we going to inspire our young people and get them to think about sport? We won’t do that if we don’t even tell them about it.”McGonagle has even issued an open invitation to people to come along to the Finn Valley Centre to watch Quigley who will take on a Russian opponent Kazakhstan in the elite semi-final tomorrow.All those who come along are asked to arrive no later than 10.15am with free tea and coffee on offer.22-year-old Quigley is already being tipped for an Olympic gold in Rio in 2016.“He is a tremendous athlete and a tremendous role model and young people can take inspiration from him,” said McGonagle. RTE has been showing the championships online on rte.ieHowever a spokesman for RTE confirmed they will be showing a highlighted show on Friday evening at 7pm evening presented by Peter Collins and with guests Katie Taylor and Mick Dowling.There are also provisional plans to show a live show on Saturday morning depending on how many Irish boxers qualify for the finals.OLYMPIC COACH PATSY WANTS TEACHERS TO DELIVER THE KNOCKOUT BLOW FOR JASON was last modified: October 24th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:BallybofeyFinn Valley CentreJason QuigleyRussiansupportteachersWorld Boxing Championships